Welcome!

Hi! I'm just getting started in writing, and I'm posting some of my experiments and other short stories here. Offline, I'm working on building my "rejection slip collection" with other stories.

Please enjoy the short stories and writing experiments I've posted here. I always enjoy constructive criticism.

I'm very interested in improving my abilities as an author, and I like to experiment with different genres and story ideas when I write. A lot of what I'll be posting here will be somewhat unfinished, I figure I'd rather post and learn what I can than have something never get written because I fret too much about how it will turn out.

Thanks for coming!

08 June 2016

00 Cheapskate - Tabby Kills People Script


TABBY KILLS PEOPLE


“Cheapskate”

Written by
Amaryllis Graybill



TITLE SEQUENCE


FADE IN:


TITLE CARD


CUE SHORTENED INTRO MUSIC


SHOW TITLE
Tabby Kills People


EPISODE TITLE AND CREDITS
Cheapskate
Written by
Amaryllis Graybill


FADE OUT
END TITLE SEQUENCE
ACT ONE

FADE IN:


EXT. OUTSIDE A CAFE - NIGHT


CLOSE UP OF TABBY
Tabby drums her fingers on the table, looking sympathetic, but happy.


CLOSE UP OF MALE VICTIM
Male victim looks as if he’s given up and has accepted what’s to come.


SHOW HALF OF SCENE WITH ONLY TABBY


TABBY
Now, don’t get me wrong, you seem like a really
nice guy, but I have my needs.


PAN TO SHOW RIGHT HALF OF SCENE TO SHOW MALE VICTIM AND TABBY
Man is tied down to a chair.


MALE VICTIM
Needs that happen to involve my spleen. That
aliens will use for experiments.


Tabby
Well, it sounds weird when you put it like
that...


Male Victim
Look, I don’t know why you’re doing this-


Tabby
For the aliens.


Male Victim
Right. The aliens. Tell you what, I’ll pay you
not to kill me.

Tabby
Yeah? How much?


Male Victim
(looks panicked and suddenly flustered)
Uh, $1000?


Tabby stares blankly at Male Victim. She then hefts a sap and clubs Male Victim in the side of the head with it. Male Victim’s eye opposite to the blow flies out of his head, followed by several teeth and spit. Where the sap struck the side of his head, Male Victim now has blood coming out.


Male Victim’s lifeless body in the chair falls to the side with the impact, then begins bleeding everywhere. The remaining eye can be seen to be visible bulged out of his head and Male Victim’s tongue hangs out the side of his mouth.


CLOSE UP OF MALE VICTIM’S UPPER TORSO
We watch as a large pool of blood begins to form around Male Victim’s head.


SHOW FULL SCENE
Tabby sighs, stands up, and walks over to Male Victim’s corpse. She crouches down and flicks out a knife, then cuts open Male Victim’s chest. Blood spurts and gurgles out of Male Victim’s chest. Tabby reaches inside of the incision, digs around inside for a bit, sticking her tongue out in concentration.


She makes a triumphant sound and pulls out what we assume to be a spleen. She pushes the spleen into a strange, alien looking container, which she then sticks into an apron pocket. She stands up, wipes her bloodied hands on her apron ineffectively, then walks off screen left.


INT. ANIMAL FARM NIGHT CLUB - NIGHT
Pain Panda and Tabby sit at a table, each sipping on some sort of fancy drink. Some generic club techno music can be heard.


PAIN PANDA
I can’t believe he only offered you $1000!
Tabby
I know, right?
(rolls eyes)


Pain Panda
Girl, in this economy, that won’t even buy you a
decent pair of shoes.
(flaps hand pompously)


Tabby
(puts head on folded arms)
(lifts drink in a toast-like gesture)
Preachin’ to the choir, Pain Panda. Preachin’
to the choir...


FADE OUT

END ACT ONE

ROLL CREDITS


THE END

No comments: