Welcome!

Hi! I'm just getting started in writing, and I'm posting some of my experiments and other short stories here. Offline, I'm working on building my "rejection slip collection" with other stories.

Please enjoy the short stories and writing experiments I've posted here. I always enjoy constructive criticism.

I'm very interested in improving my abilities as an author, and I like to experiment with different genres and story ideas when I write. A lot of what I'll be posting here will be somewhat unfinished, I figure I'd rather post and learn what I can than have something never get written because I fret too much about how it will turn out.

Thanks for coming!

07 July 2008

HiShojo(Sun girl) Part 1

The teacher looked over the tops of his glasses menacingly. He glared at all of his students, willing them to pay attention to him. The students sat and waited patiently. The teacher didn’t seem to notice.
“I know you don’t listen to me much,” the teacher begins while the students listen attentively, “But there once was a time...”
XXxxxXX
Several hours later, the teacher finishes: “And that is why penguins should be out-lawed! Oh, yes. The transfer student.” The teacher turns to look for said transfer student. She was of an average height; her hair was a fiery red. She had always been considered a good listener, and so it was a pity that she was now laying on the ground, nearly killed from boredom, just for being polite to her teacher.
“Um, Transfer Student?” the teacher said cautiously. “Someone call the nurse. I believe she’s had a heart attack.”
XXxxxXX
The transfer student sat glumly by herself in the cafeteria, lost amidst her own thoughts, so that she didn’t notice when two boys from her new class came and sat next to her.
“Hey!” the shorter of the two said. “My name is Alan; this is David.” The shorter one, Alan, indicated the taller boy, David. The two boys sat quietly for a minute, watching the transfer student munch away on her food.
“Oookaay,” David said. “So, what’s your name?” the transfer student continues to ignore them. Or is she just enjoying her lunch?
“Oooh! French fries!” Alan says as he reaches for the transfer student’s food. The transfer student grabs Alan’s wrist and gives him a dirty look. “Heh. Going for the food always get attention,” he said happily. He paused and looked at his wrist. “You know, your hand feels like it’s an iron- AAAAAAARRRRGGGG!” Alan suddenly took flight, literally, pulling his hand out of Transfer Student’s currently aflame hand. David grabbed Transfer Student’s wrist and, with a vexed look in his eye, shoved her hand into a nearby water glass, successfully putting out Transfer Student’s hand.
“Gar! How’d you do that?” Alan moaned. “Do you have a lighter in your hand or something?”
“My name is Mizu,” Transfer Student, or Mizu, said abruptly. “Japanese for water.” Mizu walked away.
“Hey! I’m not done with you!” Alan hollered as he moved to follow Mizu. David grabbed Alan’s arm, then indicated to Alan not to follow Mizu.
“She’s the one,” David muttered.

No comments: