Welcome!

Hi! I'm just getting started in writing, and I'm posting some of my experiments and other short stories here. Offline, I'm working on building my "rejection slip collection" with other stories.

Please enjoy the short stories and writing experiments I've posted here. I always enjoy constructive criticism.

I'm very interested in improving my abilities as an author, and I like to experiment with different genres and story ideas when I write. A lot of what I'll be posting here will be somewhat unfinished, I figure I'd rather post and learn what I can than have something never get written because I fret too much about how it will turn out.

Thanks for coming!

27 June 2016

A Girl From Hell, Chapter 3

Nothing new! See the first chapter for the disclaimer.

XXxxxXX

The girl stomped around Jack’s lair, glaring at the ground. Jack sat on a stool, welding together the pieces of his robots that remained. The girl stopped in front of a damaged robot head.
“Can I kick this?” She asked.
“Sure. Whatever.” Jack waved his hand absently at her. The girl drew her foot back and kicked the head against the wall, which it bounced off of, then landed on the couch. Jack flipped his welding mask up to look at the head. It had a large dent in it.
“That was steel,” he said.
“And my foot kind of hurts,” the girl said. She plunked down right where she was standing, folded her legs, and rested her chin of her fist. “I totally had them.”
“Yeah, well, that’s not what I saw. Face it.” Jack looked down at her.
“Fine. I was losing,” she said. She picked idly at the new rip in her pants that framed a large, but shallow cut. Jack stood up from his stool, walked over to her, then sat down.
“So. What’s your name?” he asked.
“What does it matter?”
“You thought it mattered earlier.” The girl sighed, then picked a little more intensely at the tear in her pants.
“Haley. It’s a stupid, girly name. I know. So go ahead and get your laughs out.”
“I think it’s a cute name.” Haley looked up at Jack, who grinned. She stuck her tongue out at him.
“Well, I’m not cute.”
“Are you suuuuure?” Jack wiggled his eyebrows. She glared at him.
“I’m a demon, remember?” Jack stood up and stuck out his lower lip.
“Fine!” he said. “Don’t accept my compliment.” He walked back over to his stool, then started welding the robot, again. Haley looked up at boy’s back.
“Jack?” she said. He stopped welding and raised his head.
“Yeah?” he said without turning around.
“Thank you.” Jack waved a hand dismissively.
“No problem.”

No comments: